Hospitals in Rhode Island
There are many different medical institutions located throughout Rhode Island. Each of the hospitals is equipped to deal with different medical problems that may arise while you’re visiting. These are some of the major medical facilities available:
- Bradley Hospital- Bradley Hospital provides a wide range of family-focused, high-quality mental health care for children, adolescents and young adults with emotional disorders and/or developmental disabilities. This facility has been operating since the 1930s and can handle most of your child’s needs.
- Newport Hospital- Newport Hospital provides for the medical needs of all residents and tourists. It is now a state-of-the-art, award-winning health care facility that offers a broad range of medical services, including emergency care, diagnostic imaging, a birthing center, behavioral health unit, comprehensive surgical services, intensive care, acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation.
- South County Hospital- South County Hospital, an independent, non-profit, 100-bed hospital at the center of South County Hospital Healthcare System, is southern Rhode Island’s resource for the highest quality medical care. South County Hospital offers advanced technology and a full range of medical and surgical services, including a specialty in Orthopedics. The active and consulting medical staff at South County Hospital includes 230 Board Certified or Board Eligible physicians representing 40 specialties. This hospital has an Emergency Department, telemetry unit, and a fully equipped Intensive Care Unit.
- Butler Hospital- Butler Hospital is Rhode Island’s only private, nonprofit psychiatric and substance abuse hospital for adults, adolescents, children, and seniors. Recognized as a national leader in the development of acute, short-term psychiatric and substance abuse treatment, Butler has a reputation for providing the best care available to patients.
- Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island- Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is a leader in inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. They are the only free-standing hospital in Rhode Island dedicated exclusively to physical medicine and rehabilitation. The main goal of the staff here is to return movement and functionality to the patient in hopes of returning them back to their previous quality of life.
The hospitals in Rhode Island are more than capable of treating any illness, disease, addiction, or abnormality that you have. These institutions boast some of the most successful medical staffs in all of the state. There are many other available choices located throughout the state, so if an emergency arises, you are well taken care of. All of these hospitals are required by law to treat any life-threatening problem of a foreign visitor, but credit card deposit may be asked for before services will be rendered.